October 31, 2018
5 Types of Coverage that Commercial Auto Insurance Can Provide
Most people know that contractors require special types of insurance to protect themselves on the job site. Insurance for contractors in Nevada can help protect self-employed men and women from lawsuits resulting from work done on a home or business owner’s property as well as injuries sustained onsite. However, many business owners who operate a vehicle for commercial purposes are unaware that standard auto coverage does not protect business vehicles in most cases. Commercial auto insurance, like that available from DJM Insurance Services, can help business owners protect their commercial vehicles from many types of damage. Some of the most common types of commercial auto coverage include:
- Medical payments. If you or your driver is involved in an accident in a commercial vehicle, medical payments coverage can help cover hospital bills and other medical expenses.
- Collision. Commercial vehicles require special collision insurance in most states. Commercial collision insurance, much like standard auto insurance, pays for physical damage caused to a vehicle in the event of an accident.
- Uninsured motorists. Uninsured motorists’ coverage protects a driver in the event that he or she is involved in a collision with a driver who does not have auto insurance, or who does not have enough coverage to compensate for the damage they have caused. Commercial vehicles typically require repair that is much more expensive than standard cars and trucks after an accident, so uninsured and underinsured motorists’ coverage is more likely to be beneficial for commercial vehicles.
- Property damage liability. This type of coverage protects against financial losses should you or your driver be involved in an accident that causes damage to someone’s property.
- Comprehensive. Comprehensive commercial coverage protects vehicles from damage not resulting from accidents, including inclement weather and theft.
Whether you need commercial auto insurance for a fleet of truck or you’re looking for comprehensive insurance for contractors in Nevada, DJM Insurance Services can give you the protection that you need. Give our team a call today at 800-763-0698 or browse our website for more information.